Saturday, January 3, 2009

The shadow

My shadow, my companion
My shadow, my true friend
You are always there for me
Even though I can’t see you sometimes
But I know you are there
In darkness I’m tempted to think you have deserted me
But I know you are there
In light you show up
To show me that you are still with me
My shadow, my friend
I know you won’t leave me
Through troubles, through sorrows
You have been with me
When I laugh, you laugh with me
When I cry, you cry with me
When I forget who am I
You remind me
When I forget my image
You show me
You will always be my best friend while on this earth
And I know that when I die
you are the only one prepared to lie with me in my grave
My shadow, my friend
You are my real friend.

By: Lizwi Mduduzi Damoyi

Do you want to write your own poems Click Here!
Need more poems? Click Here!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home