Friday, January 16, 2009

The secret

When I see you, I know you don’t know
You don’t know that I know
I know something you don’t know
I know something you think I don’t know

You can look at me
but you cannot see it
You can touch me
but you cannot feel it

In the middle of the night, when everyone is fast asleep
I am wide awake
Thinking about the secret
How long will I endure this torment?

Should I tell or not?
Why must I tell?
Whom should I tell?
When should I tell?

What will happen if I tell my secret?
Will anyone listen to me?
Will anyone believe me?
Will anyone ever trust me again?

For how long will I keep the secret
So long I have kept the secret
So long I have not told anyone
So long I have endured the torment of my secret

But now, Secret my bosom friend
You no longer want to stay in my bosom
You no longer need me as your friend
You have turned into my enemy

Oh! My Secret my friend
Why do you want to leave me?
Will anyone accept me when you dump me?
You have turned my life into misery

Why must I keep you
when you no longer need me?
I have lived with you for so many years
How will I live after parting ways with you?

But finally, I will have to let you go
Eventually I will cut ties with you
At last I will set myself free from your iron grip
Finally they will know that I knew

Oh! Please leave me in peace
Get out of my life
I know there’s life after you
You! Cruel Secret, leave me alone

I can live happily without you
There will be new life without you
Oh! At last I could let my years’ secret out
Now I am free!

By: Lizwi Mduduzi Damoyi

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home